Friday, 8 January 2016

Casual Friday!!

Poncho is Lauren Ralph Lauren

Ok, ponchos, love 'em or hate 'em?  They've definitely been having a moment in the spotlight, and I've seen some that I really loved (still dreaming about the olive green one with faux leather piping from Old Navy).  But I just wasn't sure if ponchos were something (like OTK boots) that I liked on other people, but not on me.  Well lucky me, I was given a couple ponchos over the holiday season as gifts, and I actually like them!
First and foremost, they are SO comfy!  I mean, it's like wearing a blanket!  And second, they can look quite chic when worn the right way (I just have to figure out what that way is!).  This one I'm wearing is super soft and I just love the thin, luxurious quality of it.  Being a poncho newbie, I decided to keep the rest of my look simple and just paired it with a white layering T from the Gap and these Roxy jeggings I've had forever.  I went with these basic black boots, in an attempt to mix black and brown, something I've wanted to try but always shied away from.
I have to say, I don't think ponchos are the most flattering things in the world, but hey, I guess sometimes comfort has to win.  And in fairness, they probably are less blanket-like when belted (something I need to try doing!).
My final thought on ponchos... it's not love, but I definitely like them!!  What do you all think of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment